Friday, January 3, 2014

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

I CANT BELIEVE THERE IS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS UNTIL I FLY TO KOREA! It's crazy how fast time has gone by here.

I didnt make a plan on what I was going to say this week so sorry if this is short.

Our natives came this week! The ones who are going to go with us to Korea. Sister Park is a solo sister and she is with me and Sister Jenson when shes not in her classroom. She speaks perfect English because she grew up in the states which is way nice because we are not playing charades all the time to get across what we are trying to say. She's super helpful in helping with our pronunciation and everything too.

On and New Years happened this week! We all just celebrated with New York at 10. We had lots of food and little maraca things. It was great. And we were all in bed by 10:30 which is a miracle and now the branch presidency cant get mad at us for staying up late which happens almost every week with the Elders. I was so proud of the sisters.

Today was the most hectic P-Day that I have ever experienced so far. Sister Jenson and I were pretty much running around all day. I went to the Doctor today and saw Amy and Rebecca! I did have a slight heart attack when I read the dear elder saying they would be there and there was part of me that was worried I'd get homesick from seeing them but it was fantastic!  I loved seeing them even for a short time :) and my companion enjoyed getting a hug from Rebecca because her sister wasn't there. It was good to see familiar faces :) definitely weird going off campus though. I feel like BYU should be farther away from me because I've been stuck here for so long. Then after the Doctors appointment we did laundry and while our laundry was in we ran errands like drying cleaning, telling the health clinic I needed an MRI and all the stuff we needed to do.  Then we got our laundry and lunch then we got to clean the temple! So fun :) We got a tour of it afterwords and we saw the bride's room which was GORGEOUS! So stunning I loved it.

When we got back to campus we got our TRAVEL PLANS! Were leaving at 8:31 AM on January 13th to fly to Detroit.  Then we have an hour and a half lay over in Detroit which, I'm assuming, is where I'll call you and that is from 2:10 to 3:45 pm then off to SEOUL! One question on the calling: What number do you want me to call? I'm assuming the house phone but I didn't know if you wanted me to call dads work number so he could conference call a few people in so just let me know and if it is dads work then I need that number. We land in Korea at 7:45 pm on Jan 14. I"M SO EXCITED! The jet leg will be killer but I"M SO EXCITED! WERE FINALLY LEAVING! We got our Korean name tags two days ago and  that was exciting as well. Rebecca has a picture of that that I'm sure she has shared with you already. I love it

Sister Collyer's LDS Missionary Korean Nametag
My Korean Name Tag
Next week will be hectic too. I really hope that they can schedule the MRI earlier because right now its on my P-DAY and that's when were supposed to do the majority of our packing which is super unfortunate but I know the Lord will make it work.

Sorry this is so short but that was pretty much my week. I love you all and have a great week!


Sister Collyer

P.S. I am also the travel leader which means if there are any problems with the airplane and getting there its all one me. My name comes first in the alphabet so that's why. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

P.P.S. we also all celebrated new years in Korea at 8 in the morning over breakfast in the cafeteria. All the other people eating were super confused why we were saying happy new year at 8 in the morning on Dec 31 but we all knew why and that's all that matters :)
Sister Jenson and Sister Collyer in front of the Neurologist's Office in Provo
Sister Jenson (Left) & Me (Right) in front of the Doctor's Office

No comments:

Post a Comment