Monday, March 10, 2014

God Answer's Prayers!

Finally this week was better than the last two! Honestly for not  really any other reason than God finally got his point across of I need to rely on him and be patient. Because it actually wasn't that exciting of a week.
We met with Stella twice this week and the first time we met with her she told us that her and Brain have been having Problems communicating in their marriage. So sister Stradling and I asked her if she has been praying and reading the scriptures with him and she said no so we challenged her to do that and showed her the little triangle thing where it shows if you both grow closer to God you will grow closer to each other. She said she would try it. The second time we met with her not only did she not do that, but she also told us that she went out drinking with her friends. Which was devastating! We had to go through the ward of wisdom again and recommit her but she doesn't quite understand why she cant just drink a little every once and a while. And when we asked her if she knew God was there and if she knew he loved her she said "I don't know. Maybe." which is not  good because when we have asked her that before she said "Yes of course!" Then she came to church on Sunday but after the sacrament and left after Sunday school because she was tired. So lots of prayers for her. We are hoping that she will still be able to get baptized on the 30th.
Anyways on a happier note I gave out my first Book Of Mormon this week! Granted it was to a drunk old man who sat next to me on the bus but he took it! and I told him it would bring him blessings if he read it. then I got out of there because he was sitting a little to closer for comfort.
I also had my first experience of truly being an instrument in the Lords hands this week! So we were on the bus just about to get off to see a potential investigator and Sister Stradling was talking to an older man about the book of Mormon who clearly wasn't interested. But there was a women who was sitting across from her who was leaning in trying to hear what sister Stradling was saying and she kept looking at my name tag. A thought came into my head "give her your book of mormon." But I rationalized it away in my head saying we were just about to get off the bus and I wouldn't have time to explain it to her. Then I swear I heard a different voice in my head that said to me very sternly "Give her the Book of Mormon now." So I did. I only had time to tell her it was the word of God and tell her our number was inside if she had any questions about it. I tried to get her number but there wasn't time and she said she would call us. This all happened in a matter of probably 30 seconds so I didn't really have time to process what was happening until after I got off the bus. she hasn't called us yet (most people don't) but I know for some reason she needed the Book of Mormon at that point in time and I feel privileged to be able to have been a instruments in the Lords hands :) and now I for sure can't deny that missionaries are definitely called of God. Not that I ever would have before but you get the point.
To end on a pretty funny note: I got stuck in the doors of an elevator this week. Elevators here are not like ones in America. they don't really open again if something gets in the way of it closing. At least the one at the church doesn't. Sister Stradling walked into the Elevator and I went in after her but it closed on me and I screamed at Sister Stradling to open it but she just stared at me for a second not really processing what happened. So I told her to open it again and she finally did. We seriously couldn't stop laughing for so long. I now can say I have been stuck in Elevator doors.
Anyways I hope everyone is having a fantastic week at home. I love you all so much! My prayers are with you :)

--

- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja- mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment