Sunday, April 13, 2014

General Conference


Spirited away! I mainly took this picture for Bart :)
It was at the painted walls place

This week was a little more eventful than last. the first thing being three of our investigators dropped us...Amanda stopped wanting to meet so we had to drop her and we were teaching this Chinese lady but she told us that her church financially supports her so she can’t get baptized so we had to drop her and then Stella dropped us...she told us that there are too many rules and that she didn’t think the Mormon church was right for her and that maybe she would get baptized in 10 years. But she said she would still come to church every once and a while but she moved to the other sisters area so we gave her to them. She did come to general conference on Saturday but she said she didn’t like it and it felt like a lecture.

But anyways, two really cool things happened this week! First is we have recently been searching out less actives because there are a TON of them and we went to this one lady’s house and she said she wasn’t a member and slammed her door in our face. Then I turned around and saw one little yellow heart on the door across the hall so we decided to knock on that and that was our less active! But it gets even weirder. We came back later and she let us in and we started to share our message and we found out that she is the bishops little sister! We haven’t even ever heard about her at all! The bishop is slacking! But anyways that was cool. Funny story: after that Sister Stradling and I decided to treat ourselves to some Krispy Kremes so we were going to buy a dozen but that day they happen to be having a 1+1 sale where you buy a dozen and get the second dozen free. So many doughnuts O o,  but man they were good. We may have only given away 6 of them but they are gone now so we can work off the weight. It was so worth it.

Krispy Kremes! So many doughnuts o.O
Then there’s this other less active family that we felt prompted to visit but they weren’t home then when we had district meeting we found out that the other elders (Elder smith and Jensen) had visited them and that Elder Park felt like her needed to visit them too so we all got promptings about this family! The lord must need them for something. So that was a cool experience.

A Huge Worm we saw on the street one day.
Transfers were this week and the only change in my district was Elder Jensen left and Elder Smith got a greenie! I am no longer the youngest missionary in the district! His name is Elder Jeong. I don’t really know him yet but he seems nice. Then Sister Masden left which was way sad but we got Sister Pappa! And she’s great so it’s good. I am also now house leader which means I have to text the district leaders when the sisters get home and make sure everyone is following all the rules. The sisters I live with are great so that’s not that hard to do.

Windmills! Also at the painted walls place.
We got to listen to conference this weekend! Let me tell you: conference is like Christmas for the missionaries. Best day ever. I loved all the talks. One of my favorites was Gary Stevensons about the Olympic and the 4 min run. I just thought he made it really fun to listen to. Then I also liked Sister Oscarsons from the general women’s meeting. But that was mainly just because she talked about the lady with MS. Almost brought me to tears. But all the talks were good. A lot of them talked about standing up for what you believe in and having courage. I need to work on the courage thing. It’s hard to talk to people about religion but I know with the Lord’s help I can.

Anyways I hope everyone had a great week! I love you all! And remember to trust in the Lord :)
- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja- mae)




No comments:

Post a Comment