Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring is in the Air


Cherry Blossoms!
Well nothing really happened this week. We literally just went proselyting and put up free English flyers pretty much all week and walked EVERYWHERE. None of our members could meet this week and we had appointments with a few of our investigators but almost all of them canceled. But we have more meetings with members this week and hopefully our investigators are freer too, so hopefully this week will be more eventful.

Cherry Blossoms
Tulip Trees!



Nothing exciting happened this week until Saturday. We had an appointment with our investigator, Ann, and her son, Michael. We had prepared the plan of salvation but instead we got there and she immediately drove us to go see the cherry blossoms (which are BEAUTIFUL!) then to a Buddhist temple nearby. So that was exciting and definitely not what we planned. Then she took us out to eat some famous tofu which was DELICIOUS. Oh I made the mistake of worrying that we wouldn’t have enough food on Saturday because we had appointments from 10:30 to 6 (the only day this week we had appointments) so I prayed that we would have enough to eat and let me tell you, missionary prayers are extremely powerful things...not only did Ann feed us a full out lunch but our other investigator, No Un Keyoung, fed us another full out lunch then our member, Sister No, took us out to dinner that day. I have never been so full in my life...I literally had to lay down on my bed when we got home because i felt like my stomach was going to explode...God has quite the sense of humor.

Anyways, when we met with No Un Keyoung (we teach English to her son and her aunt that lives up in Seoul, who is a member, called us asking us to teach English to her son) her son wasn’t there because he was at a birthday party so we just talked to her for an hour, one of the first things she asked us was where our church was. So hopefully things pick up with her. We taught her about some of the commandments and she said she would keep them.

Then yesterday at church I sat next to a woman in our ward, Sister Joe, and her daughter came in right before the sacrament (she’s around my age) with her friend. Immediately after sacrament sister Joe grabbed my arm and whispered "my daughters friend is a potential investigator talk to her!" so I did. She seems kind of scatter brained and really shy, but we had dinner at their house last night and taught about why there are so many churches on this earth and their daughters friend was hesitant to participate but we’ll see where it goes.

Lanterns for Buddah's Birthday outside the temple.
Well that’s all I have for you this week. Sorry, that nothing too exciting. But spring is coming so it is getting warmer minus the surprise cold that has been the past few days. But hopefully it goes back to being warm

 
Buddha! my favorite is the kid with his finger in Buddha's belly button.

Buddhist Monk

Anyways I love you all and hope you have a great week!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif


- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja- mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment