Sunday, August 17, 2014

Greenie Fire is Real!


Two sister missionaries - One Korean, One American, Giving Peace Signs
My New Companion! Sister Park.
New area new people! And we have two greenies in our district so I'm finally not the one who knows the least Korean! Yesterday one of the members actually asked me to tell the greenies that they had to give an introduction talk  during sacrament! I've never had anyone ask me to translate before! So it was exciting.
A little korean girl pretending to give a sister missionary a hair cut
Na-Yeon giving me a "hair cut" at FHE
Anyways leaving Jeon Ju was really sad...on the last day sister son and i ate SOOO much. we literally ate nonstop from 1:30 to 8. we had an all you can eat buffet then popsicles and potato then another dinner then pretzels. I have never wanted to make myself throw up just to get the food out of my stomach before. Like I wasn't even hungry for breakfast the next morning. That's how full we got. But I felt so loved because so many people wanted to see me before I left.  It was bitter sweet. I didn't want to leave because i love all the people i had met but i was excited for change.

A sister missionary with a korean family making funny faces
The Bishop's Family making funny faces
Then on Thursday Sister Son and i went to Daejeon to meet our new companions! I have realized in the past few days that I know more Korean than I think I do but at the same time I know none at all. but now I talk it all the time (or try to talk it) so hopefully I'll get better. Sister Park is nice but it's hard because we live in a two man house and there is a language barrier. But hopefully it will be a good transfer. We only have one investigator that we met at English class on Saturday. But the ward is super nice and they give us food! And we have lunch after church! So that's fun.

 Oh also I realized that greenie fire is real and I'm pretty sure I had none. We had a proselyting activity with the elders and their greenies and the greenies were so excited to talk to people it almost made me excited to proselyte. Almost, haha.

Yesterday during gospels principles class we were talking about fasting and I said that I fasted to learn Korean more and the teacher said that God answered my prayers by giving me a Korean. I realized he was right. And that this is going to be a hard transfer but I will come a long way in my language speaking and learning ability. Hopefully :)

I love you all and hope you are doing well! have a great week!


Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment