Sunday, August 10, 2014

Who Needs a Backyard When you Have a Church Parking Lot?


A group of Koreans having a pic-nic in a parking gerage on a green plastic dropcloth
Our BBQ

An above ground pool (empty) in a parking gerage at the Ward BBQ
The pool
Okay so funny story of the week: on Wednesday the bishop called us and asked us if we wanted to eat this pig meat you wrap in lettuce meal with him (which is delicious) so he told us to come to the church. So we did and you will never guess what we found: in the church parking lot the bishop had set up a pool and they put out tarps and had an Electric grill and just had a pool party and BBQ right there in the church parking lot! Only in Korea, actually only in Jeon-Ju with our bishop. it was great. it made me feel like I was at home but not really because we were at the church.
 
Anyways the other big news from this week! TRANFERS! And guess whose finally being transferred????? THIS ONE! I am going up to the Daejeon zone. To a ward called You-Sung (유성)! sister Son says that the members are fantastic in the ward and my companion is actually Sister Sons MTC companion! Her name is Sister Park Ha-Hyun (박하현) sister son says that she doesn't speak very much english but she is super nice and sweet so it will be interpreting but I'm excited :) I feel like my language skills are going to go up significantly if my companion cant even speak English so it will be an adventure. So that's the big news for the week!
 
Other than that: it was a pretty slow week here in Jeon-Ju we met with Kim Woo- jung but we are giving him to the elders and we met with Choi Sung He but we only met with her once and it went okay but nothing special.
 
We had a really fun youth activity we got to go to on Saturday and let me tell you: Korean get way more into games than we ever did when I went to youth activities. And now I have a ton of games I am going to play at a party or something. It will be great.
 
Other than that nothing really exciting this week we stayed inside a lot because there was a TON of rain but its clear now.
A group of Korean People with sister Missionaries
FHE With the Bishop's Family and a member named Sister Oh
 
I love you all and hope you have a good week! I'll talk to you next week from Daejeon!


--

- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)

Sister Missionaries eating mangoes and pringles
We didn't have food and we weren't very hungry so this was our Sunday dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment