Monday, December 23, 2013

December 13, 2013 - I've been here a month??? When did that happen?

Happy one month in the MTC! I swear its like a time warp here. The days are long but the weeks go by so fast. I always lose track of the date and I never know what day of the week it is anymore. It's the strangest feeling.

Oh and Sister Jenson and I decided that its not the MTC food that makes you fat here its all the junk food that everyone sends the missionaries! I think I have eaten more sugary food here than I ever did when I was home for the holidays. Thats so wrong :P

Last Friday we went tp TRC for the first time! It was a cool experience. It's pretty much just volunters coming in so we can practice teaching on them. We had a girl that only spoke korean so that was fun. But Sister Jenson and I are really excited to go back tonight. Were hoping it will go a little better than last time because we didnt plan anything last time and there was alot of awkward silences as we tried to speak our broken korean.

Then on sunday I got a new sister training leader companion! Sister Jacobson is leaving with the group thats leaving on Sunday morning so they called one of the new sisters, Sister Bagley. Shes a sweet  heart but man we havee our hands full with these sisters. The one who was struggling last week is actually being reassigned to a instate mission english speaking and shes thrilled about that but another sister has now come up with anxiety problems that are getting worse and shes seeing a councelor for them so well see how that goes. And some of the girls arent getting along with their companions to well so I have to deal with that too. It's slightly overwhelming at time but I'm hoping God will bless me for it. I had to say no to someone for the first time this week :( that was really sad, the second sister who has been having anxiety problems asked if she could go on a split with the girl who is going to be reassigned stateside because she didnt like her companion and Sister Bagley and I thoguht about it and decided that wasnt appropriate and I feel like we broke her heart but hopefully everything works out in the end. IU dont think I'm a big fan of this whole leadership thing. It's kinda taxing on me. But I'm just waiting for the blessings to come in from it.

This week has been really hard with respects to learning Korean. I kinda feel like I'm at a stand still and no more korean is going to fit in my head. I've been asking teachers and the older group what they did to make vocab stick and they said they practiced putting it into scentences. So I've been doing that and it has definetly helped so hopefully it gets better.

Oh! I have developed a strong testimony of going to bed right at 10:30. I did it for the first time since I've been here (I had always been getting into bed around 10:35 or 10:40) and I was in such a better mood the next day! Even though I was dealing with a ton of stuff that day! I've been trying to get to bed on time sinc that day. Alot easier said than done.

On Tuesday, Quienten (sp?) L Cook from the quarm of the 12 came to talk to us! Yay for apostles pretty much every tuesday until the holidays are over! His talk was on how much the work is being hastened. He said that there are a ton more people than they were when Joseph Smith organized the church but that the church membership will double in 25 years! Thats crazy! Yay for missionary work!

Thats so exciting to see Elder Kim is in your ward! I didnt know him that well but he seemed like a solid missionary :) I'm sure he'll work wonders in our little city :)

I'm flattered that I had such a huge impact on uncle with my farewell talk. He's such a sweet man :) I'm excited to share stories with him when I get home.

I'm glad to see you had fun at the wheres waldo activity :) the pictures are all fantastic and I love how you took a creeper shot of Elder Kim. Sister Jenson and I had a pretty good laugh about that.

Now to my very short christmas wish list: I really really really want a mini preach my gospel in Korean. That would be fantastic. I also kind of want more hard copies or more pictures. Just in like a cheap little 4x6 plastic picture flip book thing. Like some of the pictures rebecca took of me right before she took me in or some pictures from the holidays of you guys or pictures before that that you like pr even pictures of when I was little. Pictures are like Gold here and hard copies or pictures are even better. Thats really all I want. I've gotten all the packages that you have send me and everything is well recieved. I'm definely goign to get fat if you keep sending me good though :P Do you want me to wait to open the presents from cold water creek until christmas? Becuase if they need to be altered in anyway I can get them altered here but I should take them in pretty soon but I think after christmas should be fine.

Anyways thanks for everything you all do for me! I love you so much and hope you have a great holiday season!

사랑해요!
Collyer 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment