Wednesday, December 25, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAMILY!!!

 I love you all so much and I hope you are having a fantastic Christmas :)

I have a funny story that will make you guys laugh. And this pretty much explains my companion in a nutshell. So I was looking at the Great White Shark pin Amy and Kevin got me (I love it by the way. Its going on my bag) and my companion asks me what animal it was. She wasn't really looking at it at the time. So I say its a Great White Shark. Her response is "So like Shamoo??" I paused then said "...No. Shammo is a killer whale. It's like Jaws." Then she says "Dang it. I always get those two confused...." Totally made me day.

Anyways, Christmas here is great! We had David Evans, from the 70, talk to us last night. He told us that we should bear our testimony often so I decided what better day to share it with you then on Christmas! I am so grateful for this gospel. I don't know what I would do without it. I will forever be grateful for everything Christ did for me. I know that God lives and I know he loves me. 

I know the only way we can return to God is through Christ and I am so eternally grateful for Christ's sacrifice on my behalf. I am grateful for this experience he is giving me on Earth and he couldn't have blessed me with a better family. I love you all so much and I am so excited to spend eternity with you. I am grateful I have had the opportunity to go on a mission. I have felt the sprit more in the short time I have been here than I ever have before in my life. I also feel closer to God than I ever have before. I love it out here and I'm so excited to actually go to Korea and help bring others unto Christ.

David Evans also talked about learning the language of your mission. He said "You will be able to do this but only with the Lord's help." I know the Lord is helping me learn Korean and even though sometimes I get frustrated with how little I know I have to sit back and look at how much I know compared to before I came. I know the gift of tongues is real. I have already felt it in my life. I am so excited to see that blessing more in my life in the next year and a half to help me bring others unto the truth that has made me so happy in my life.

One of the 12 apostles is going to talk to us today! Ill tell you on Friday who ended up coming. They have a lot of great things planned for us today so don't worry about me having a good Christmas. It will be fantastic :) I have received all your tapes and packages and stuff and I love the tape of everyone telling me Merry Christmas. I listened to it last night. I am so excited to listen to the one of Rebecca's family tonight. And the pictures are everything I could have asked for.

I hope you all enjoy Christmas together and know that I am there in spirit. I miss you all terribly but there is no place I would rather be than serving the Lord will all my might mind and strength.  God couldn't have blessed me with a better one :) I love you all. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Sister Collyer

No comments:

Post a Comment