Monday, December 23, 2013

December 20, 2013 - It's almost Christmas!

Beautiful Christmas lights at the MTC!
Beautiful Christmas lights at the MTC!
Things are a bit crazy here in the MTC with the holiday season but its great :) Except for the fact I have been suffering from a nasty cold all week...I am just now being able to breath through my nose again! Which is a miracle. I just hope I didn't give it to anyone in my district since we are together for 14 hours a day.
Sister Jenson and I at the temple
Sister Jenson and I at the temple
As of last Sunday, my district is officially the oldest group! Which means we are next to leave! CRAZY! I don't know enough Korean to go there yet! Our native come in 11 days then a week and a half later its off to Korea for me. I cant think about it to much because it makes me nervous.

Anyways, this week was great. I met with President Snow on Sunday for the half way through interview and it was the most uplifting interview EVER! He told me that I was doing great and he was so proud of me. He said the MTC has made me blossom and that I am the most humble leader he has ever seen. He wanted to make sure my parents knew how much I've grown so I guess I've grown? I don't feel that much different, besides the fact I have Korean words floating around in my head now.

Sister Bagley and I. Yay for sister training leaders!
Sister Bagley and I. Yay for sister training leaders!
Sunday night the BYU mens chorus came and sang for us and let me tell you, mission life should not be mixed with real life. Its weird. I saw Kathryn's cousin and talked to him momentarily and it was just weird that he was going back into the real world and I was stuck here still. Just a weird experience.

Showing our BYU pride!
Left to right: Bagley, Glauser, me, Anderson is in front.
Brother Rasband came and talked to us on Tuesday from the 70! He talked to us about spiritual gifts. That night in our district devotional we all talked about spiritual gifts that we thought we had and others in the room had. Elder Tira said that I made everyone feel welcome and Elder Payne and Sister Jensen said that I have the gift of compassion. That was by far the best district devotional we have ever had. It was great and the spirit was ridiculously strong. Yay for the MTC!

Showing how much we hate Utah (Are you proud of Sister Hoffmans photobomb mom?)
Showing how much we hate Utah
(Are you proud of Sister Hoffmans photobomb mom?)
We got a new group on Wednesday! Our branch is still tiny compared to what it used to be though. We had 40-something missionaries leave and we only gained 7. and only one of the is a girl! Sister Bagley and I are still trying to figure out the exact rules for solo sisters. Shes a sweetheart though. shes 21 and from Carlsbad. And shes going to Busan!

My district with Brother Stanley, our first teacher who had to stop working :(
My district with Brother Stanley, our first teacher who had to stop working :(
Sister Bagley and I still have our hands full with companionship and homesickness problems but I am starting to see the blessings coming in because Korean is sticking just a little bit more every day. Oh and that girl who was convinced she was going home the first day she got here just got her reassignment. Shes going to California Santa Rosa and she couldn't be happier. She got it today and might be leaving as early as tomorrow! Crazy! But its good to see her happy finally :) She's going to be a great missionary.

STL in the laundry room
STL in the laundry room
Anyways that's all for today. Merry Christmas my loving family! I have gotten all the packages you have been sending and its been great! I hope you all enjoy Christmas together and don't forget about me! Have a great holiday season :) Oh and I'll be able to email you on Christmas so be on the look out for that. I love you all!

Sister Collyer





Sister Jensen and I in the Christmas hats!
Sister Jensen and I in the Christmas hats!

I just had to send you a picture of the contents for the package Rebecca sent me.
It is pretty amazing. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment