Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Sister Stacy Collyer playing the Korean Sticks Game
Me Playing the Sticks Game
Happy Valentines day everyone! I hope it was great :)
 
This week was great :)
 
On Monday we visted a member and shared Alma 7:11-12 with her and I shared my testimony on it (or what I could say about my testimony on it) and when I finished she went on and on about how much she could feel the spirit as I was talking and she was almost brought to tears because the spirit was so strong. So that made me feel better about my language skills (or lack there of).
 
We had to drop one of our invetigators this week :( Kim ae ran. We saw it coming but it was still really sad to hear her say she had no interest in our church and just wanted to learn English :( it broke my heart.
 
But on a brighter note we had training up in Daejeon this week and I got to see everyone I was in the MTC with! It was good :)
 
A Group of Missionaries playing a Korean game with sticks and a mat.
Our elders at the ward party left to right:
Friendmann, Park, Jensen, Paskett.
Friedmann is my district leader and Paskett is our zone leader
We had a valentines day party with the ward on Friday and it was crazy! We had four investigators and potentials come so we were very busy. But it was so fun! We played this traditional Korean game where you throw sticks on a mat. I still dont know how to play it but then ladies in the ward would just give me the sticks and I would throw them and they would cheer. Apparently we ended up winning the game.
A group of women (including Sister Collyer) who won at the korean Sticks game.
Our Winning Picture!  (The two photoboms are my favorite) :)
One is Elder Paskett and the other is just a man in our ward.
 
 
Amanda is progressing really well! She came to church yesterday! Which is huge. Granted she just came for the last 30 min of Relief Society and she was so painfully shy that she wouldn't even come into the room so Sister Stradling and I took her into another room with just us three but she came to church! We had people come one at a time after church to say hi to her then we had a lesson with a lady in our ward who is super friendly. We were kinda worried about how the lesson went because Amanda looked like she was really uncomfortable the whole time but that must have just been because she didn't know the lady because she sent us a text later that said "Hi, I am happy to meet you again on Sunday! I can receive  a lot of comfort talking to you. You sisters have very lovely hearts. See you later!" So cute! I love it when they try to speak or text in English! Anyways we meet with her pretty much every day so well see how that progress goes.
 
Sister Collyer's Korean LDS missionary tag
Our new name tag with English and Korean on it!  We got them at training.
 
 
We are really worried about Stella. She hasnt come to church for the past two weeks and shes not really answering our calls. She came to the vanentines day party and seemed fine but at church yesterday the Elders told us that Brian told them that she is rethinking her baptismal date. So if you could just pray for her that would be great.
 
I love you all and hope you had a fantastic week!
--
- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja- mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment