Sunday, May 4, 2014

Holidays are hard...

It randomly started raining on night so we went
to get umbrellas and came out with these
This week was really really slow. We had one appointment that followed through. The rest of the time we just spend proselyting and finding less actives. Which means a TON of walking. Good thing I have good shoes or else I would be dying.

Our appointment was with Amanda. It went well but we don’t think she is going to want to change religions anytime soon. We talked about the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy. She takes her Toeic English tests on Sundays so we asked her how she could keep the Sabbath day holy after her test. The she went to English class after and really liked it. She said she wanted to go again this week.
This is a burger place at the university nearby.
Korea doesn't mess around with burgers

Then the other exciting thing that happened didn’t happen until Monday. Holidays are really slow here with regards to missionary work. People aren’t home and they don’t want to talk to you so it’s a bit discouraging. But on Monday morning when sister Stradling was in the shower Sister Marsden called us and told us a member of her ward had someone she wanted to refer to us and she wanted to talk to us immediately. So I called her and started talking to her in broken Korean then she asked me how long I had been here for and when I told her about 4 months she broke into perfect English. It was a huge relief. She was in Jeon Ju for the weekend because of the holiday and she wanted to meet us with her cousin and her family to refer her to us. We were SO excited. So we made an appointment for that night. We met them. They are a family of five. Mom, dad, two daughters and a son. The only one that seemed interested in the gospel message we shared was the second oldest daughter. The rest of the family just seemed interested in English but we are meeting with them again on Saturday so we’ll see what happens.
 
We ran out of oil so we tried to make a pancake
in the microwave. It worked!
That was pretty much the only exciting thing that happened this week. Holidays are really painfully slow. There are a TON more people and traffic is insane but people aren’t as willing to listen. I also got a nasty cold this week so we stayed inside one day so that I could relax. When Elder Smith found out I wasn’t feeling well he gave me a TON of natural medicine. It was hilarious. Shows what kinda dad he will be. I guess my body just doesn’t like Korea in the spring time. But I have been feeling better recently so were good :)
Here is the medication Elder Smith gave me.
I don’t know if I feel more loved or drugged


Anyways I hope you all have a great week! I’m excited to talk to you on Mother’s day!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

--
- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)



I almost forgot! our relief society president went to America this week so we couldn’t meet with Sister Oh and didn’t come to church so we will most likely have to push back her baptismal date but we have an appointment with her on Friday so well know more then

No comments:

Post a Comment