Sunday, May 18, 2014

I ate Dog Soup!

Dog Soup!  It was nasty...

And it was nasty. Sister Stradling and I had a really hard time downing it. But at least now I can say that I ate it!

It was another slow week here in Jeon Ju but we were able to meet with Sister Oh! We taught her all the commandments. It took us an hour and a half which was really long but it was good :) and she was familiar with them so that was good :) We also set another baptismal date with her for May 25 but she didn't come to church yesterday so we might have to push it back even more :( but we still have hope. :)

We also met with Jani again and her sister who we gave the English name Mary to. They are adorable. We just went over the restoration again with them and they really seem interested so that's exciting. :) They said they would come to the fireside the missionaries put on yesterday but they didn’t show up. :( People just don’t like keeping commitments lately. But we are still praying really hard for them and hoping that their parents’ hearts will be softened as well. When we were teaching them English we got talking about the new Spiderman movie which they spoiled a big part of it for us but they had thought we had seen it. Sister Stradling and I tried to hide our disappointment. But we love them. :) They are adorable.

I got kisses from a little girl in our ward this week too! She’s so cute. She’s like 2 American age and we visited her parents and afterwards her mom told her to give us kisses and she did. I thought I was going to die. Asian babies are so freaking cute.

We also had our big fireside yesterday! We ended up doing it on the first lesson instead of pioneers (but I still appreciate the stories :) ) and it went so well! Minus the fact that pretty much no one’s investigators showed up. We had two promise us they would go and they didn’t :( but sister Stradling and I sang a duet to “Savior Redeemer of My Soul.” That was terrifying but i thought we did pretty well :) the spirit was really strong :) and all of our hard work paid off! No one in the two districts that participated could really sing except for Elder Smith who is AMAZING. And he kind of put it all together and made us sound pretty good :) Go Elder Smith.

Anyways that’s all I have for this week :) I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! 
- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)


No comments:

Post a Comment