Sunday, July 27, 2014

No Hot Water is NOT Fun. Even in the Heat of Summer

Two sister missionaries with wet hair making pained faces.

So we had no hot water all week. Which means that there was a lot of screams of pain in the morning and at night when anyone showered. I didn't realized water could be so cold. It was terrible. even when its 91 outside with 80% humidity no one wants to take a shower with absolutely no hot water.
 
On to other events of the week: it was really slow. We have no more investigators and it was HORRIBLY hot so we visited a lot of members. Which was good because walking outside was miserable. The past few days have been cooler though .God's tender mercies.
 
A Korean family doing a puzzle of the Temple
The family doing a puzzle of the Temple
A finished puzzle of a Mormon temple
Puzzle Finished
Anyways on Monday we had FHE With Sister Oh and her family and we talked briefly about the priesthood and Brother Park (her husband) just milked that only guys get it. His come back for everything through out the night was "well at least I get the priesthood" or "I'm right because I get the priesthood." It was hilarious. Then of course we had to explain that just because he gets the priesthood doesn't make him more important. We also visited them on Wednesday this past week and at the end of our lesson about callings in the church we asked brother Park to pray and sister Son and sister Oh talked for a little bit and I noticed that brother Park pulled out his phone and typed "Prayer" into Google. That's when I realized that maybe he doesn't remember how to pray so I pulled out our little page of how to pray and put it on the table. He looked so relieved then offered this really simple really sweet prayer. I love the first few prayers people give. They are so genuine and the spirit is so strong it's great. They also got confirmed yesterday in church. our ward mission leader confirmed them and their son and when we were all talking in gospel principles class they couldn't believe that our ward mission leader didn't prepare when he was going to say before hand. It was really cute :)
A little korean girl playing a game.
Playing a game with Na Yeon
 
Oh also I forgot to tell you. Last week when Sister Oh and her family finally showed up to church you could tell that it had been a rough morning. Na-Yeon and Na- Oon (their other daughter) both had red eyes and sister oh looked adjusted. The first thing that went though my mind when I saw them was "wow Satan is working hard of this family" I know that they are going to be strong amazing members and I know that Satan knew that to but even though he tried he couldn't stop them from joining this amazing Church. Take that Satan!
 
This week was really kinda hard actually. I was really frustrated that I still cant get the language and it was weighing me down all week. Finally on Thursday during companionship study I lost it and started crying and told sister son about how frustrated I was with Korean. Then she told me something that I will never forget. She told me that when I bear my testimony in Korean that Spirit is so strong. She has heard me bear my testimony in English but nothing compares to the spirit that is present when I bear my testimony in Korean. She said that she is constantly asking herself if her spirit is that strong as well. It touched my heart. And after that conversation, we met with three members and I actually knew what was being said and could be a part of the conversation. It was like God was telling me "Be patient. It's coming."
 
A bunch of hands making piece signs forming a star...all of the wrists have bracelets.
Bracelets with the YW
Anyways that was my week i hope everything is great at home! i love and miss yo u all!


--

- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)



No comments:

Post a Comment