Sunday, July 13, 2014

The worst part about Korea in the summer is No A/C

VERY few houses here have A/C and its KILLER! But it's okay.  The bishop's house does, so when we can't stand the heat anymore we just go there and help her with the kids. It's great :)
Sister Collyer with a Shark Popsicle in a Korean Store
There's a shark Popsicle here! It literally says Jaws in Korean. Haha! And its pretty good to. it had a red inside and it's shaped like a shark so its like you're eating a shark haha ironic.
I forgot to tell you last week, but when we visited sister Oh in the hospital the first time one of the first things she told us was that she brought her Book of Mormon with her. its was cute :)

She's been in the hospital all week but honestly it has been a HUGE blessing. Shes in the hospital right across the street from the church so its super convenient. We go there pretty much everyday. And without the distraction of being at her house with her kids and such, we have really been able to teach to her needs. It's interesting to me how quickly people forget the lessons though. We had to teach them all to her again because she didn't remember anything even though Sister Stradling and I taught them to her in May. We started over but it feels so much better now and she really is ready to get baptized. Speaking of which, she passed her baptismal interview! Elder Barney, my district leader said she passed with flying colors. And afterwards we went back into the room and the firsts thing she said to us was that it was easy. Shes so great.
A Sister missionary with a little Korean girl.
Me with Na-Yeon and the picture she drew. She's so cute.
Oh and we also had a scripture moment with her that was pretty cool. So we went over the baptismal interview questions with her and when we asked her if she believes that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God she said something along the lines of "you're teaching me and if you believe then I believe." It reminded me of when Aaron is teaching King Lamoni's father in Alma 22:7. Such a cool moment!
We are so excited for the whole family to get baptized on Sunday. They are all so well prepared. Her son and husband are getting their interview on Thursday and it was cute yesterday when Elder Barney was talking to her husband about Thursday he said "I can't do anything on Thursday I have an interview" I guess he didn't understand that it was with Elder Barney.
So that's the update with Sister Ohs family.
I gave a talk in Church yesterday! It was terrifying. I talked about missionary work. I wrote it all out in English then tried to translate it and Sister Son corrected it. But I had so many members come up to me and tell me it was good. One member said that he could tell I spent a really long time on it and he could feel the spirit so strong as I was talking. I love our members :)
Anyways so that was my week! I love you all and hope summer isn't to hot over there because its killer here. Love you!

A Sister missionary with a Korean Fan
My Fan
An Elder Missionary with a Korean Fan
This is what happens when Elder Smith steals my fan haha.

Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)





P. S.   Also I got a Korean name this week!   It was from Sister oh and Na-Yeon and sister Son.  It's 고은아 which is pronounced "Go Eun- Ah" I have the last name Go because that's the last name that Dad got on his mission. I thought he'd like that :) I finally have a Korean name after being here for over 4 transfers! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment