Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, November 22, 2013

Family!

Finally done with week two! You know how everyone tells you just get through the first week and you're golden? Well actually its just get through the first Sunday. Now I feel great!



 

I don't even know how to start! All the days kind of mesh together here because we literally do the same thing every day. That's why Sundays are so refreshing. We do something different!

Tell Maya and Lilly and Callianna happy birthday for me and that I love them! I hope they were great days for everyone.

So we started teaching our investigator on Friday night! His name is Kim Kyong Won. I was going to type that in Korean but it was to difficult. The first few lessons were really rough. Not because we didn't know the language (ironically) but because Sister Patton just translated everything for us and didn't really let us talk ever. Sister Jenson and I were actually really frustrated because we didn't feel like we were learning anything. And on Wednesday, Sister Patton talked to him about baptisms for the dead which isn't really a good idea on the third lesson and Sister Jenson and I would have stopped her if we knew what she was talking about. But yesterday Sister Patton got transferred to another district because she's going to be going to Korea in a few weeks because she's already fluent and honestly it has been a blessing, She was a blessing when she was our companion and she brought so much to the companionship but Sister Jenson and I are learning so much more now. And our lesson last night was the best lesson we have ever had! We taught him about the first vision and had him read in JSH and everything. We forgot our dictionaries so when he asked questions it was quite the experience trying to figure out what he was asking then trying to figure out how to answer them but it was so good. The spirit was so strong and he's starting to get a testimony of The Book of Mormon! It's so exciting!

Last Sunday we had a really good devotional by this woman, Mary Edmund, she was hilarious! But she also brought the spirit in so well. One thing she said really stuck out to me "When you do the best you can do, heaven will come in and fill in the rest." So good. The language study is coming but not very fast but I'm doing my best so heaven will fill in the rest.

Sister Jenson and I finally have personal study down! We can be quiet pretty much the whole time. she has some kind of attention disorder so its harder for her but she's doing so well and she's putting so much effort into it I'm so proud :)

Oh! Tell Amy I totally saw Jordan! Her roommate from last year! She came and found me and it was just so comforting to see a familiar face in the MTC. I guess she came to the Korean floor and was asking what room I was in for a while before she found me but it was so good :)

I got all your Dear Elders and packages! Thank you so much for the cookies! they are SO GOOD! I'm going to get fat but I'm embracing that.  Also thank Rebecca for the package and THE BREAD AND HONEY BUTTER! It will definitely be enjoyed :) My whole district was jealous of me because I got at least one letter every day this week and two package. I have never felt so loved in my life. Thank you so much!

Oh! I totally found the boy who is the son of the nurse you talked to mom! The one who was supposed to go in on October 2nd! He sits right next to me in class. He's Elder Peterson! I got a little to excited when I saw a copy of his call in a binder and saw it said October 2nd. Exciting time for me.

My three elders in my district are going to Busan but the rest of us are going to Daejeon so were all going to Korea! I met some elders in my branch who are going to Arcadia California!  That was exciting. They're leaving either Monday or next Monday.

The natives from Korea came this week! Everyone was so excited for them to come. They come then the group of missionaries going to Korea next will go back with them in a week or two. There's three elders and I don't think they speak English very well but sister Jenson is excited because she rarely sees Koreans. I just feel like I'm back home.

I cant really think there is much else to say. The days kinda all blend together. Wake up, study, go to breakfast, study, go to gym, study, go to lunch, class, go to dinner, class/study, go to bed.  That's what I do all day every day!

Oh quote to live by: "You can live a good life tying to be understood but you can live a great life trying to understand." That's what my district is working on because a lot of us are opinionated.
I included pictures! The first one is the girls in my district at the temple. It's (from left to right) Sister Jensen, me, Sister Lamburt, Sister Jenson, and Sister Patton is in front of us. The girl in the red jacket is the sister Jenson that's my companion. 



Then the next picture is of my district: Left to right: Elder Payne, Elder Petersonm Sister Jensen, Me, Sister Lamburt, Sister Jenson, Elder Ross, Elder Maccarty, Behind us is Elder Esiaiah and in front of me is sister Patton then in front of all of us is Elder Tira.

I love you all and hope your week has gone great! Thanks for the update on how BYU is doing! I love it!

서랑해요! (I love you!)
Collyer 자매 (Sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment