Sunday, June 1, 2014

Elder Christofferson Came!

We used these face mask things that moisturize your face but they look creepy.


The big news from this week: Christofferson came! And it was so good :)

We were all gathered waiting in a chapel in Daejeon waiting for him singing hymns on Saturday morning. And let me tell you: there is a really strong power that comes from the room when there are over 150 missionaries of the Lord in it.

We are teaching the Bishop's twins before they get baptized. 
They are adorable.
Before he started talking to us he wanted to shake everyone’s hand. So one by one we went up to him and shook his hand. Now I can say I shook Elder Christofferson’s hand! I was so nervous that the only thing I could say when I shook his hand was hello in Korean. It just kinda came out. But that’s okay :) I got to shake his hand :)

His talk was fantastic! Right when he got up the first thing he said was he walked into the room and thought "What is the delightful aroma? Ah...Kimchi." So sorry mom and dad apparently I already smell like kimchi.

They are so Cute I can't handle it!
The first part of his talk he focused on how mission calls get assigned and he talked about how we were called to this mission for a reason. Mainly he focused on because we were supposed to meet Pres. Shin so we should look up to him and always watch his example. Then he opened it up for a question and answer session. The first question that was asked was about how to overcome trials. He talked about how one time his family suffered financially for years. And as much as he wanted the trial to end instantly, sometimes the answer is no. But he was grateful because "it made me come close to him and stay next to him day by day." I definitely felt that about when I got diagnosed with MS. At the time I hated it but now I wouldn’t give it up for anything because it brought me so much closer to my Father in Heaven.
We visited a less active and she had us help crack fruit so this is me cracking fruit.

The next question was about the boat accident that happened a month ago and why so many people have to suffer young death.  He talked about how sometimes the only comfort we can give people is to weep with them. I felt that was really strong because it’s true sometimes people just need us to cry with them. He also said a quote I really liked talking about missionaries "we bring hope to replace anguish, we bring peace to replace despair, we bring the sprit to comfort." missionaries truly are messengers from God.

Those are the parts that stood out the most to me about his talk.

Me and Sister Son at Mc Donalds.
Then he said he felt impressed to give us an apostolic blessing! How cool is that??? The spirit was so strong in the room. I was bawling like a baby. He blessed us with three things:
1. He blessed us to receive greater light and knowledge about the gospel
2. He blessed us with the power of the convincing of men
3. He blessed us with the gift to know that Heavenly Father accepts the sacrifices we make with our missionary work.
Us with sister Pappa

There is just such a power that comes from men who are called of God. It was a really good experience. He kept repeating the phrase "you are his." and it’s true. We owe everything to Christ and to God and as long as we do our best they will help us with the rest.

Also did you know that Richard GScott was Christofferson’s mission president? Christoffereon said "he’s still watching over me." It was hilarious.

Anyways as for other things that happened this week. Sister Oh canceled on us again. Apparently she is started a funeral home business so she’s busy but we are planning on going out and visiting her sometime this week to help her so hopefully that will be good.

And we met with Jani on Saturday, we talked more about the Book of Mormon because she had questions because she had read the first 5 chapters in 1st Nephi, and they were good questions too she asked why they had to go back and get the plates and why Laban had them in the first place. We challenged her to pray about the truthfulness of the book and whether or not God loves her and when she said the closing prayer she prayed for both of those things! We have high hopes for her. :) She truly is prepared to accept this gospel :)

Well that’s all for this week! I love you all! Have a fantastic week!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment