Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day and a Baptismal Date!

아버지의 날 축하합니다!!!! 사랑해요 아빠!!!!
Thats my secret note to dad :) I love you dad! thanks for always being such a good example to me :) I hope you are having a great Fathers Day.

Missionaries in Sister Collyer's Korean Zone
This is my zone! from the one zone activity we will probably ever be able to do

Here's the bishops twins again they posed trying to make two hearts the yare adorable

This week was pretty good. :) On Thursday we were able to have dinner with one of Sister Son's dad's coworkers. He took us to a REALLY fancy restaurant. It was $25 a plate and because he's a man so the elders had to come too so it was really nice of him. It was this traditional Korean food place and guess what the majority of the food was? Sea food. To bad I don't like seafood very much....they had like three waves of side dishes come in it was insane how much food there was. I ate abolony! That's how fancy it was. I didn't like it but I ate it. I wanted to enjoy the food more but seafood just isn't my favorite.
Another exciting thing that happened this week was we set a baptismal date with Eun Sook! (Jani) it is for July 6th. She said shes scared of water (like most Koreans. They cant swim) but she said that she will come to the bishops twins baptism to see what its like and the twins are getting baptized in a week or two. But yesterday we picked her up and she came to church! She said she was sleepy but she enjoyed it. We have high hopes for her and we hope that Satan doesn't work to hard on her.
Another really cool thing happend this week: on Saturday our ward mission leader, brother Park, called us and asked us to invited sister Oh and her family over to his house for dinner and the bishoip and a few other families would be there. So we did and she came! It was so good to see how much the people in our ward just embraced their family :) now if she could just be a little less busy with her funeral home busniess so we could just actually meet with her that would be great :) But she came to church yesterday so thats a start :)
I was so proud of the members of out ward yesterday at church. They have always introduced themselves to our investigators but that's really about it then they just walked away but yesterday they made both of them who came to church feel so welcome :) My ward is changing for the better and I love it :)
I also bought a Hanbuk this week! Its a traditional Korean dress people wear at weddings and such. I got it at a thrift store so it was really cheap. That was exciting.
Sister Collyer in her Hanbuk
Heres my hanbuk!

Sister Collyer bowing in her Hanbuk
Sister Son taught me how to properly bow in it haha
Anyways that's it for the week! I love you all and happy fathers day!

- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment