Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hard week her in Jeon Ju

The first sad news is we might have gotten dropped by Eun Sook (Jani) we arent sure. We went to go give her banana bread this week and she mom and aswered the door and told her that her daughter feels uncomfortable about our visits. She feels to much pressure from us to be baptised and go to church. Shes scared of water (like everyother korean in Korea) and she says that church takes up to much time on Sunday that she should be studying (like every other korean in Korea thinks.) so her mom told us that her daughter is just interested un English. We wanted to talk to Jani about it so we still tried to go to her house on Saturday but they didn't answer the door even though we knew they were home and they aren't answering out text messages. So we arent quite sure what to do about that....
 
but on a lighter note: Sister Oh came to church yesterday! And she said that she feels like the missionaries are like angels sent to her family! We are having FHE with them and the elders tonight and we are hoping to give her a baptismal date so sent many prayers her way!
 
I also ate this soup called pe-soon-dae...it is literally pig intestine soup with pigs blood....I have never had so much trouble downing food before. about half way thought I literally didn't think I could finisih it. Our ward mission leader took us out to get it and there were so many points where i had to hold back gagging and do everything I could not to throw up. I have NEVER had so much trouble eating something as I did that. There were pig intestine and hearts and liver and grossness. Just thinking about it makes me sick. But afterwards we got ice cream because sister son was so proud of me for finishing it because it was even hard for her. But I ate it! And I never want to again...
 
Also i went on a splits this week and I meet the other sisters' investigator who is an older asain lady who when she speaks english sounds like a balck person. It's hilarious. She lived in Geroriga for 30 years. I guess she saw them walking down the street and said, "Are you them Mormons?" It's the weirdest thing ever because she Asian but sounds black. Anyways fun story.
 
We also had a really cool experience on Saturday. So Saturday was really rough. No one wanted to meet with us so we pretty much just walked aimlessly around all day. Then at night we went and visited our member Sister Ha without calling her first. She let us in and we talked and such then right before we left she told us that the misisonaries always come by when their family needs them the most because they are having a hard time and that day was one of those time. Missionaries really are angels! Anyways I thought that was cool
 
Hopefully this week goes better. I hope all is well at home! I love and miss you all!


--
- Sister Collyer 콜리여 자매 (kol-lee-yeo ja-mae)

No comments:

Post a Comment